Approaching a Potential NASDAQ Up-Listing(1), Cosmos Holdings (OTC: COSM) Just Reported Record Revenue Growth of Nearly 28% Quarter-Over-Quarter(1)
Calling This Company a Disruptor in an Estimated $1.3 Trillion Global Pharma Industry(2) Could Be a Colossal Understatement
The health scare has only accelerated the global demand for medication.
In fact, according to Fortune Business Insights, in 2020, the health scare “accelerated the demand for effective treatments and drugs worldwide” and caused the global pharmaceutical industry to reach an estimated valuation of $1.3 Trillion.(2)
In addition, they noted there’s an “increasing prevalence of chronic disease and the growing adoption of modern technologies that are leading to the evolving pharmaceuticals sector.”(3) This is why Fortune believes we could see the global pharmaceuticals market size reach nearly $2.15 trillion by 2027 at an estimated CAGR of 7.0%.(3)
One of the top companies benefiting from this pharma rush is Cosmos Holdings (OTC: COSM). Cosmos is a disruptive company that offers customers and shareholders diversified exposure to several in-demand and growing verticals in the pharma and wellness space, including:(4)
- Branded Pharmaceuticals
- Generic Pharmaceuticals
- Health Products & Food Supplements
- Research & Development
- Green leaf derived products
- Local & Direct to Pharmacy Wholesale
Clearly, Cosmos and its unique business model may be doing something right.
Not only did Cosmos see 2020 revenue growth of about 40% and jaw-dropping gross profit growth of nearly 120%,(9) it recently reported 15.8% year-over-year growth and a 27.8% sequential increase in revenue for Q2 2021.(1)
This could only be the start, too. To put it lightly, growth does not look like a potential problem here.
Cosmos Holdings (OTC:COSM) Looks Strong From A Technical Standpoint
We mentioned the company’s incredible revenue growth in 2020 previously.(9) 2021 has been more of the same, with its 15.8% year-over-year growth and stunning 27.8% sequential revenue increase in Q2 2021.(1)
The charts have shown some strong moves, too. Over the last two years, shares of COSM ran from about $2 in March 2020 to as high as roughly $7.34 in June 2021. However, the COSM stock did pullback in recent months to about $4.25, where it may have caught strong support. Coupled with those eye-popping fundamental growth figures acting as potential catalysts, this stock could begin to retest its prior highs- fast.(6)
Just Who is Cosmos Holdings (OTC: COSM)?
Cosmos Holdings Inc. is a fully reporting Pharmaceutical Holding Company based in Chicago, Illinois, USA, that specializes, through its subsidiaries, in the wholesale of pharmaceutical products throughout Europe.
The company is focused on identifying, acquiring, developing, and commercializing different medicines to improve patients’ lives. Cosmos has an extensive network of over 160 clients and vendors in Germany, the United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Denmark, Italy, France, Singapore, Ireland, Sweden, Poland, Netherlands, and Greece.(8) Not to mention, Cosmos has offices and distribution centers in Thessaloniki, Greece, and Harlow, UK.(8)
Even more impressive is how quickly the company is growing.
On top of the company’s massive earnings growth, CEO Greg Siokas recently said:
Additionally, the company “entered into a three-year distribution agreement with China-based REMAI e-Commerce Co., Ltd. (REMAI) to open a flagship store and launch our Sky Premium Life products on Alibaba’s Tmall Global, the world’s largest cross-border e-commerce marketplace with 500 million monthly active users.”(1)
Plus, according to the CEO, over the past three months, Cosmos began reducing its debt and has now converted $5.25 million of it to equity.(1)
The best part? COSM could be nearing a potential NASDAQ up-listing, too.(1)
The Bread and Butter: Cosmos Holdings (OTC: COSM) Has a Comprehensive Strategy
The foundation of Cosmos’ operating strategy is the optimization and growth of its pharmaceutical sourcing and distribution businesses. As Cosmos continues devoting significant resources to improve its operating and capital efficiencies, it believes it’s well-positioned in size and breadth to continue growing its trading businesses.
Sourcing and distribution, including specialty pharmaceuticals, is what Cosmos sees as the anchor of its growth and position in the pharmaceutical supply channel. Cosmos provides superior services and delivers value-added products, which improve the efficiency and competitiveness of healthcare providers. In turn, this aids the pharmaceutical supply channel to better provide healthcare to patients.
Specific areas of Cosmos (OTC: COSM) focus include the following:(7)
- Branded Pharmaceuticals: Branded pharmaceutical products are the primary product category that Cosmos imports and exports. To maximize its performance, Cosmos evaluates product availability, pricing, demand trends, and patent expirations. As the patents for branded products near expiration, the generic equivalents enter the marketplace. Thus, demand for those branded products starts to decrease. Cosmos monitors these cycles closely and always looks to find value in pricing fluctuations caused by the patent expirations as the generic equivalents enter the market.
- Generic Pharmaceuticals: Generic pharmaceutical products are the secondary product category that Cosmos imports and exports. The company applies the same discipline to generics that it does with the branded. Just as with branded products, Cosmos is continuously evaluating the supply/demand as patents expire. This insight sheds light on the demand for generic products that take their place. Understanding the historical and market-specific characteristics of generic product demand provides insight that Cosmos uses to guide its vendors that source its generic drug exports.
- Health Products & Food Supplements: The wholesale distribution of food supplements actually offer more significant margins than pharmaceutical product distribution. Cosmos is always looking to expand the portfolio of products that we distribute to maximize our margins. It also conveniences Cosmos’ customer base by providing them a more extensive portfolio of products that they can source from a single vendor.
- Research & Development: Cosmos is committed to strategic R&D across each business unit with a particular focus on nutraceutical products with inherently lower risk profiles and clearly defined regulatory pathways. The company constantly evaluates the demand for food supplements in the markets where it currently distributes pharmaceutical products. This research and analysis determines which food and nutritional supplements Cosmos chooses to develop and their formulations. This approach aims to maximize the probability of successfully competing with other brands in the marketplace.
- Acquisitions: Cosmos regularly evaluates acquisition targets that could expand its distribution reach and/or vertically integrate into the supply chain of the products that it currently distributes. In addition to focusing on organic growth drivers, the company is actively pursuing accretive acquisitions. It focuses on those offering long-term revenue growth, margin expansion through synergies, and the ability to maintain a flexible capital structure.
- Green Leaf-derived products: Cosmos closely monitors the legal framework for prescription and nonprescription derivatives of green leaf products as it develops in Europe. As the legal framework and processes are developed and implemented in each respective EU country, Cosmos plans to utilize its existing network to distribute both prescription and nonprescription derivatives of green leaf products to its current customer base. For the time being, Cosmos currently intends to only distribute prescription and nonprescription derivatives of green leaf products to approved EU countries and not in the US.
- Local & Direct to Pharmacy Wholesale: Cosmos is also expanding into the full-line wholesale distribution business through acquisitions. Full-line pharmaceutical wholesalers provide the local markets with branded pharmaceuticals, generic pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, vitamins, and food supplements. By expanding its pharmaceutical distribution business, Cosmos believes that it will have a better ability to directly source more branded and generic products from manufacturers. That way, Cosmos can potentially sell its vitamins, food supplements, and cosmetic products directly to pharmacies for better prices. This expansion expects to increase its sales and profit margins as it vertically integrates into the supply chain.
Cosmos (OTC: COSM) is Also Very Well Known for the Following 3 Subsidiaries Under its Belt:(8)
Sky Pharm SA: Sky Pharm SA is a Thessaloniki, Greece-based pharmaceutical trading firm. Sky Pharm trades the excess amounts of about 500 medicines that can be exported within the EU countries. Cosmos buys from Greek wholesale pharmaceutical companies and multinational pharmaceutical manufacturers and then exports them to European markets where demand and prices are substantially higher.
DHNDecahedron Ltd.: Decahedron Ltd. is a UK-incorporated pharmaceutical wholesaler. It is audited by the MHRA under European GDP (Good Distribution Practices). It is also a full member of the EAEPC and has been audited by TÜV on its behalf. Decahedron imports and exports branded, generic and unlicensed POM, OTCs, and medical devices worldwide. It also participates in governmental tenders and registers dossiers in new territories. This subsidiary’s network consists of roughly 25 clients and vendors expanding to 9 countries, including Germany, UK, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Germany, Italy, France, Singapore, and Ireland.
Cosmofarm: Founded in 1994, Cosmofarm is a fully licensed pharmaceutical wholesale company operating in the greater Athens area.
A High-Quality Team Leads Cosmos Holdings (OTC: COSM)
Chairman, CEO, CFO & Principal Accounting Officer
Mr. Grigorios Siokas has over 15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Since 2014, he has served as the CEO and Operations Manager of SkyPharm SA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company. SkyPharm SA is a pharmaceutical company located in Greece that mainly exports medicines from Greece to other European countries, such as Germany, England, and Denmark.
Before 2014, Mr. Siokas worked in various pharmaceutical industry sectors, mainly in trading medicines in Greece and other European countries. Additionally, since 2000 he has been a significant shareholder in different pharmaceutical companies such as Ippokratis Pharmaceuticals (annual sales of over € 78 million); Thrakis Pharmaceuticals (annual sales of over € 20 million); Thessalias Pharmaceuticals (annual sales of over € 18 million); and ZED Pharma SA, (annual sales of over € 35 million).
Dimitrios Goulielmos joined Cosmos as CEO and Director on September 27, 2013. Since January 1991, he has been the principal attorney at the law firm of Goulielmos D. & Partners. He contributes to the Board the benefits of his legal, academic, and business background.
Mr. Goulielmos is a fourth-generation attorney. He received his law degree with Excellency from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in 1988. He did post-graduate studies for International transactions and Company law at Paris, France, and at the LSE of London, England.
Demetrios G. Demetriades
Secretary and Director
Since January 2003, Mr. Demetriades, age 48, has been Director of Highlander Spring Trading Ltd, a trading company. From November 2000 to December 2002, he was Marketing Director of Eurolink Securities Ltd, which was involved in trading in the Cyprus Stock Exchange.
From January 1995 to November 2000, he was Supervising Officer of Laiki Factors Ltd, a financing company. As a board member, Mr. Demetriades contributes the benefits of his trading, executive leadership, and management experience.
John J. Hoidas
On November 18, 2016, Cosmos’ Board of Directors appointed John J. Hoidas as a board member. Mr. Hoidas is a registered broker-dealer. Mr. Hoidas has served as a broker for the following firms during the corresponding periods.
- 09/2013 – Present UHLMANN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
- 09/2013 – Present UHLMANN PRICE SECURITIES, LLC
- 08/2008 – Present BREWER INVESTMENT GROUP CHICAGO, IL
- 11/2010 – 09/2013 KINGSBURY CAPITAL INVESTMENT ADVISORS
- 11/2010 – 09/2013 KINGSBURY CAPITAL LLC
- 11/2010 – 09/2013 SPENCER TRASK VENTURES
John J. Hoidas began working on the CME floor in 1989 as a runner and, by 1995, started trading the S&P 500 and GSCI Index Futures for 9 years. He then moved to Wealth Management, starting with American Express Financial Advisors, which spun off to Ameriprise.
Peter Goldstein was elected Executive Director of the Company on October 15, 2020. Peter Goldstein, age 58, has over 30 years of diverse and global entrepreneurial, client advisory, and capital market experience. With a background in international business, he has worked across various markets and industries, holding positions including investment banker, chairman, chief executive officer, and advisor to public, private, and emerging growth companies. Goldstein has achieved capital market objectives by drawing on his strengths in M&A, strategic planning, and transaction structuring, as well as his own entrepreneurial success. He has steered and completed initial public offerings (IPO), uplisting and reverse merger transactions, secured private placements, and designed successful crowdfunding campaigns.
Source 2: https://bit.ly/3sTk48z
Source 3: https://bit.ly/3vnYLh4
Source 4: https://www.cosmosholdingsinc.com/company/strategy
Source 5: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cosmos-holdings-secures-approximately-5-131500199.html
Source 6: https://www.barchart.com/stocks/quotes/COSM/interactive-chart
Source 7: https://www.cosmosholdingsinc.com/company/strategy
Source 8: https://www.cosmosholdingsinc.com
Source 9: https://www.globenewswire.com/en/news-release/2021/04/16/2211656/0/en/Cosmos-Holdings-Reports-Revenue-Growth-of-40-to-a-Record-55-4-Million-and-Achieves-Profitability-for-2020.html
This website / media webpage is owned, operated and edited by TD Media LLC. Any wording found on this website / media webpage or disclaimer referencing to “I” or “we” or “our” or “TD Media” refers to TD Media LLC. This website / media webpage is a paid advertisement, not a recommendation nor an offer to buy or sell securities. Our business model is to be financially compensated to market and promote small public companies. By reading our website / media webpage you agree to the terms of our disclaimer, which are subject to change at any time. We are not registered or licensed in any jurisdiction whatsoever to provide investing advice or anything of an advisory or consultancy nature and are therefore are unqualified to give investment recommendations. Always do your own research and consult with a licensed investment professional before investing. This communication is never to be used as the basis for making investment decisions and is for entertainment purposes only. At most, this communication should serve only as a starting point to do your own research and consult with a licensed professional regarding the companies profiled and discussed. Conduct your own research. Companies with low price per share are speculative and carry a high degree of risk, so only invest what you can afford to lose. By using our service you agree not to hold our site, its editor’s, owners, or staff liable for any damages, financial or otherwise, that may occur due to any action you may take based on the information contained within our website / media webpage.We do not advise any reader take any specific action. Losses can be larger than expected if the company experiences any problems with liquidity or wide spreads. Our website / media webpage are for entertainment purposes only. Never invest purely based on our alerts. Gains mentioned in our website / media webpage may be based on end-of-day or intraday data. This publication and their owners and affiliates may hold positions in the securities mentioned in our alerts, which we may sell at any time without notice to our subscribers, which may have a negative impact on share prices. If we own any shares we will list the information relevant to the stock and number of shares here. TD Media business model is to receive financial compensation to promote public companies. To conduct investor relations advertising, marketing and publicly disseminate information not limited to our Websites, Email, SMS, Push Notifications, Influencers, Social Media Postings, Ticker Tags, Press Releases, Online Interviews, Podcasts, Videos, Audio Ads, Banner Ads, Native Ads, Responsive Ads. This compensation is a major conflict of interest in our ability to be unbiased regarding. Therefore, this communication should be viewed as a commercial advertisement only. We have not investigated the background of the hiring third party or parties. The third party, profiled company, or their affiliates likely wish to liquidate shares of the profiled company at or near the time you receive this communication, which has the potential to hurt share prices. Any non-compensated alerts are purely for the purpose of expanding our database for the benefit of our future financially compensated investor relations efforts. Frequently companies profiled in our alerts may experience a large increase in volume and share price during the course of investor relations marketing, which may end as soon as the investor relations marketing ceases. Our emails may contain forward-looking statements, which are not guaranteed to materialize due to a variety of factors We do not guarantee the timeliness, accuracy, or completeness of the information on our website / media webpage. The information in our website / media webpage is believed to be accurate and correct, but has not been independently verified and is not guaranteed to be correct. The information is collected from public sources, such as the profiled company’s website and press releases, but is not researched or verified in any way whatsoever to ensure the publicly available information is correct. Furthermore, TD Media often employs independent contractor writers who may make errors when researching information and preparing these communications regarding profiled companies. Independent writers’ works are double-checked and verified before publication, but it is certainly possible for errors or omissions to take place during editing of independent contractor writer’s communications regarding the profiled company(s). You should assume all information in all of our communications is incorrect until you personally verify the information, and again are encouraged to never invest based on the information contained in our written communications. The information in our disclaimers is subject to change at any time without notice.
(Last updated: 01-26-2022 13:54:19)
Address: 141 West Jackson Boulevard Suite 4236 Chicago IL 60604 US
Phone: +1 312 536-3102
Cosmos Holdings Inc is engaged in the research, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical products and medicines across the European Union member states. It offers over-the-counter drugs and branded and generic medicines. The company’s focus will be on Branded Pharmaceuticals, Over-the-Counter medicines, and Generic Pharmaceuticals. It provides its products to wholesale drug distributors, and wholesalers and retail healthcare providers.